Saturday, August 30, 2008

Coconut & Caramel Cookies


It was time to invent a new recipe of my own - I have yet to make a coconut cookie and I have a case of caramel bits in my pantry, so I mixed the two together.

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3 cups coconut
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 bag kraft caramel bits

  1. Cream together the butter and sugars.
  2. Beat in the egg and egg yolk and then add the vanilla and milk.
  3. Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Fold in the flour, coconut and caramel bits.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
  6. Leave to cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes and then transfer to coolling racks.

No comments: